maanantai 27. joulukuuta 2010

GLBT Challenge




GLBT Challenge

What: "The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors."
When: Year 2011
Why: Because glbt-books is the genre I long to read the most. I'm secretly planning to specialize in queer-literature in my studies, and well, I have read so many books with straight characters and romances, that a book that has gay or queer themes has a value in that only, for me at least.
My Goal: I decided to aim for 15 books.
Reviews: There is a prize drawing and you have to review books to participate in it, so I might review here some of the books I read for this challenge.
Prize: Well, there is the official drawing, and I might participate, but I'd also like to think of something I can give myself if/when I finish this challenge. I'll think of something and update this later.
List: I don't have a list yet, I think I'll make it as I go along.
1. Emma Donoghue: Life Mask (~15.1.)
2. Jeffrey Eugenides: Middlesex (~24.2.)
3. Päivi Lukkarila: Koitetaan kestää, Nanna (~1.3.) [A Finnish YA book with a main character with two moms. Not a very good book, I don't care to review it.]
4. Jackie Kay: Trumpet (~5.3.)
5. Alice Walker: The Color Purple (28.3.)
6. Julia Serano: Whipping Girl (6.5.)
7. Stephen Fry: Making History (9.5.)
8. Jo Walton: Farthing (~1.7.)
9. Jo Walton: Ha'penny (~ 4.7.)
10. Jo Walton: Half a Crown (~8.7.)11.
11. Julie Anne Peters: Luna (30.7.)
12. Vilja-Tuulia Huotarinen: Valoa valoa valoa
13. Cris Owen: Valheellinen elämäni
14. Emma Donoghue: Stir-fry
15. Sami Hilvo: Viinakortti
16. Colm Tóibín: The Blackwater Lightship
17. Stephen Chbosky: The Perks of Being A Wallflower
18. Giselle Renarde:  Future Histories. Transgendered Sci-fi erotica
19. Aino Malmberg: Totta ja tarua 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti