maanantai 27. joulukuuta 2010

Ireland Reading Challenge







Ireland Reading Challenge

What: "Any book written by an Irish author, set in Ireland, or involving Irish history or Irish characters, counts for the challenge – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, audiobooks, children’s books – all of these apply."
When: From January 1st to November 30th 2011.
Why: Because I love Ireland. I have visited the country only twice, but enjoyed my both trips so much. I adore Oscar Wilde, who was Irish, and have an intrest for Irish fiction written in English.
My Goal: I chose the Kiss the Blarney Stone level, which means I'll read six books.
Reviews: If I write at least one review (and  read the six books) I can enter myself and might win a copy of Tipperary by Frank Delaney, so I'll try to review at least one of the books.
Prize: As a personal prize, when/if I complete the challenge, I'll treat myself to an Irish cider in an Irish bar of my hometown.
List: No need to list the books in advance, so I'll think of what to read late. Probably Emma Donoghue and Oscar Wilde, at least.
1. Emma Donoghue: Life Mask (~15.1.)
2. Emma Donoghue: The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits (~8.2)
3. Emma Donoghue: Stir-fry
4. Emma Donoghue: Room
5. Colm Tóibín: The Blackwater Lightship
6. Oscar Wilde: De Profundis

2 kommenttia: