maanantai 27. joulukuuta 2010

A Year of Feminist Classics



A Year of Feminist Classics

What: "A Year of Feminist Classics is a project started by Amy, Ana, Emily Jane and Iris, four book bloggers who share an interest in the feminist movement and its history. The project will work a little like an informal reading group: for all of 2011, we will each month read what we consider to be a central feminist text, with one of us being in charge of the discussion. We invite all readers to join us".
When: Year 2011
Why: Because I'm a feminist and one of my minor subjects is Gender Studies. It will be usefull to read the books, but I think it will also be fun, since this challenge allows me to discuss the classics with others.
My Goal: Has changed. Now I aim to read at least six of the books and participate in the discussion OR post a review here about all the books I read for this challenge. I realized I don't have enough time to fully participate, and I'll give myself promision to review books any time of the year, not only during the month they are discussed in the website of the challenge.
Reviews: No, but I will either post about the discussion questions here or participate in the discussion in the main blog of thss challenge.
Prize: When/if I complete this challenge, I'll buy myself a new bra.
List:
January: A Vindication of the Rights of Women by Mary Wollestonecraft AND So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba - Amy
February: The Subjection of Women by John Stuart Mill and Harriet Taylor Mill - Ana
March: A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen - Emily
April: Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman - Iris
May: A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf - Ana
June: God Dies by the Nile by Nawal Saadawi - Amy
July: The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir - Iris
August: The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston - Emily
September: The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf - Amy
October: Ain’t I a Woman? by bell hooks AND Third World Women and the Politics of Feminism Anthology - Iris
November: Gender Trouble by Judith Butler - Ana
December: Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde - Emily

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti