maanantai 27. joulukuuta 2010

Introducing myself

I'm a Finnish university student and this is my first year participating in reading challenges. I do try to keep this blog in English, and because I like to review my books in Finnish and post the reviews on Facebook, I won't review all the books here. But I have started to enjoy keeping this little book blog, even if it is just for myself, and I try to review at least one or two books per month. Also, feel free to ask me what I thought about a certain book, I'll tell you or translate a previous review. If you speak Finnish and wish to read my Facebook reviews, ask for the link to my FB-page. You'll have to add me to read them, though.

Since it is now Christmas, I have lots of free time and feel like signing up to several challenges. As I go along, I might realize that I can't complete all the challenges, but I plan to keep this fun and entertaining and not stress too much about completing everything.

I won't make a new post about every book I read for challenges, since I won't review them all here. I'll probably only post once in a while and mostly edit my original posts of the challenges, updating the lists of books I have read. I'll also shamelessly add books to two or even more lists if they fit several challenges, and I'll count the books I have read for my studies.

Some personal things about me: I study literature in university, play the recorder, volunteer for organizing glbtiq-friendly masses in the protestant church of my area, and live alone in a cozy flat. I don't read many mysteries, ghost-stories or anything scary. My favourite books are novels, most of them somehow either historical or to do with the different sides of human character. My favourite authors at the moment are Sarah Waters, Emma Donoghue, Oscar Wilde, Johanna Sinisalo and Donna Tartt. I'm friendly, so don't be afraid to contact me about anything!

Now I'll go and read a bit before going to sleep. I'll sign up for challenges and post here about them later this week.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti