Back to the Classics Challenge
What: "I am constructing this challenge to encourage myself to read more Classic Literature... you know, all those books that we want to read 'someday'. Well, the time is now. I hope you will join me!"
When: From January 1st to December 31st 2011.
Why: It sounds like fun, the categories are broad enough to read books I find interesting, but they encourage me to read eight books that differ from each other.
My Goal: To read the eight books, and seven of them should be books I haven't read before.
Reviews: Are not necessary, so I don't think I'll post any.
Prize: When/if I finish this, I can mooch myself any book I want to.
List: I'm not sure what I'll read, yet, but I wrote down some suggestions.
- A Banned Book. George Orwell: Animal Farm (17.2.)
- A Book with a Wartime Setting (George Orwell: Homage to Catalonia)
- A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up. Jeffrey Eugenides: Middlesex
- A Children's/Young Adult Classic (Lewis Caroll: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
- 19th Century Classic: Dostojevski: Rikos ja rangaistus
- 20th Century Classic: Alice Walker: The Color Purple (~28.3.)
- A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic
- Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes