maanantai 27. joulukuuta 2010

To Be Read Challenge







To Be Read Challenge

What: "Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to."
When: Year 2011
Why: Because it isn't very often that I actually look at my TBR-list before going to the library, and so I don't often read books from my list, although I want to.
My Goal: To read 12 books, from the original list or the alternative list, that doesn't matter.
Reviews: I don't think there'll be any here.
Prize: When I finish this, I'll take an evening off from my studies and everything and watch a movie from my "to be watched" -list, eating popcorn or candy.
List: I'm not sure if all of these have been on the list for 6 months, but I didn't add any after hearing about this challenge and that's good enough for me. And I can read the books also in Finnish, if I feel like it.


Original list
1. Anne Carson: Autobiography of Red
2. Jeffrey Eugenides: Middlesex (24.2.)
3. Mark Haddon: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (3.2.)
4. Kazuo Ishiguro: Never Let Me Go
5. Satu Koskimies: Hurmion tyttäret
6. Amin Maalouf: Samarkand
7. Marcel Proust: Swann's Way
8. Vita Sackville-West: Challenge
9. Anja Snellman: Parvekejumalat (28.1.)
10. John Boyne: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
11. Stayceyann Chin: The Other Side of Paradise
12. Tove Jansson: Nukkekaappi

Alternative list
1. Anne Carson: Eros the Bittersweet
2. Hubert Selby, Jr: Last Exit to Brooklyn
3. Rajaa al-Sanea: Girls of Riyadh (~6.6.)
4. Ellen DeGeneres: My Point... And I Do Have One
5. Juuli Niemi: Tule hyvä
6. Jodi Picoult: My Sister's Keeper (October)
7. Gary Shteyngart: Absurdistan

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti